Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oh God!!!

So, just realized Sunday while looking at super cute Christmas Tree ornaments at Joannes that I CAN'T GO HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! I am 28 years old, and this will be the first time in my life that I am not going to be at my parents home for the holiday...I got extremely depressed and stormed out of the store...
My new job gives me only Christmas day off...not the day after as well, and because I am on probation for the first year, I cant ask for it off. Im really depressed about this. Granted I will for the first time in my life be able to buy a tree and decorate it (which actually really excites me), and I will be able to make all the cookies and candies I want. Although these things are activities I will enjoy, I really am going to be freaked out on Christmas day.
I will miss X-mas eve with the fam. Going to church with everyone is great. This is also a good time to see friends from high school that I haven't seen in years. After church my family eats a big Italian dinner (we are an Irish Catholic Family, dont ask why our X-mas eve tradition is an Italian feast).
On Christmas day my mom always makes a really great egg casserole, and pecan sticky buns. This is my favorite. I think Im going to need her to some how overnight these things to my house. I may not be able to deal.
My husband has to work on Christmas eve, of course, so once again I will be going to church alone.
Wow, I know, I am feeling quite sorry for myself right now, but Im just going to be like this for a second till I get use to the idea. So, im gonna go eat the apple pie I just made and pout...Ho hum!

3 comments:

Chic Runner said...

Hope you feel better soon Brooke! :) Everything will work out and at least you have the hubby to be ho hum with!

Maki said...

Aww I feel for you, Brooke:(

I haven't seen my parents for 1&1/2 year and I miss them during Japanese holiday season...

Even though I have my own family now, I still love my parents and sis - the roots always be the same...

Now I am getting homesick...

Jess said...

You'll have fun! It'll be different, but you can do things your way. maybe you should paint a room of your house in really bright colours? Thats always fun (I would imagine).