Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My new stressful life


So, I wish I looked like this when I was stressed!
I had spent the last 6 weeks in an academy for my new job with child welfare, and now I am done and have been in the real world for a couple of days, and yeah, it has been the most hectic and stressful time of my life, and weirdly, I love it!
It is so nice to finally have a job where I'm not being paid to sit around and play Yahoo! games all day, cause, as fun as that might sound, I think in the long run it actually made me a little dumber.
I now go to work and by the time I look at the clock its like 1pm and I realize that I haven't used the restroom or eaten all day...in my last job I was so bored I made it a point to pee ever half hour just so I had a reason to get up and I ate every 5 seconds cause I had nothing else to do...
Even though I'm really stressed and don't feel like there is enough time in the day, I finally feel like there is meaning in my life and that I am actually contributing to society. I now have a reason to have a business card (I was always so jealous of those who had them) and I actually have so much to do that I can never get it all done...it actually feels GREAT!
I'm sure in about 2.5 I'm going to be wishing I had never said all this, but for the time being I am finally happy in a job I am actually using my degree and people actually have a reason to respect me, so, yea for my self esteem!
I now have to go pass out because I'm too exhausted to wait till 9pm to go to sleep. Lame!

5 comments:

Maki said...

Aww Brooke! Way to go!!!

Congrats on finishing up the training and good luck with everything with your new job:)

You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Sense of self worth is really very important! :)

Ashley said...

Congrats! It's great to have a job you love.

Linds said...

SO excited for you lady! Miss your face!

Chic Runner said...

I know how you feel with your old job. :/ Good luck with your new one and I hope you love it! :)