Monday, October 6, 2008

So Releaved

So, today went really well. There are about 40 other people training with me and they all seem to be really great. I think this is actually going to be a job that I enjoy. That has never happened to me before. Thank you to all those who gave me words of encouragement!

Although everyone was really great, I am still keeping my eye on some of them. When working for the government, there are always the crazies that sneak their way in. You know, the ones...the crazy single middle aged woman with 6 cats or the weirdo 40 year old man that hits on you (after you told the whole class you are married during the personal sharing hour). I think a woman actually told me her whole life story today while we stood in line to get our personnel badges. It actually made me really uncomfortable.

The cafeteria food was okay. I had Lentil soup for the first time in my life (not bad) and I was able to hit up a pretty sweet salad bar. So that's always good. I also got to try out the new 24 hour fitness downtown, its pretty nice. So all in all it was a good day.

Im looking forward to tomorrow. I have 6 weeks of child welfare training, its going to be long, but I think it will be worth it.

P.S. with all my new outfits, I think Im totally going to be the cutest...Yea, me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for cutest at work. i strive for this look as well. ;) lol. thanks for the comment!! (i think i'm leaning towards getting the jacket)