Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ack! So Nervous!

Well, I had Friday off, so I decided to go shopping before my big day tomorrow at my new job. I will be working for the City of Las Vagas in the Family Services Department. I am really nervous.
I went to H&M on Friday, I swear, it was like my frickin Birthday! Everything I tried on looked so awesome, I wanted it all. I decided to limit myself and just bought a few staple items. I will be working for the state, so I have no idea what I am supposed to wear.
H&M is a bit far from my house, its pretty much on the Las Vegas Strip, so my Hubs came and met me for a movie. We saw Eagle Eye. I am not a fan of Shia Labeouf. I use to watch him back in the day on Even Stevens, ya know, that Disney Channel show; it was when he had that fro. He was really annoying, but his brother on the show was hot. Anyway, the movie was actually okay. I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised.
We ate a the Yard House. Its this bar/restaurant that all of my husbands friends go to after work. I pretty much found out this weekend what an old lady I am. My husband and I could barely hold a conversation because it was soooo loud. The food was awesome, but I couldn't even hear my waitress. (Yes, I am an old lady!)
The rest of my weekend was pretty Blah. Yesterday the Hubs and I spent 5 hours watching the Top 100 Hip Hop songs. I swear we were almost in a comma, we couldn't change the channel though, we had to see the number one song, which of course was Public Enemy's Fight the Power. My husband totally called it I bet him it would be Rappers Delight. That was number two.
This was a pretty do nothing weekend. Not only did we watch 5 straight hours of the Hip Hop Countdown, but we saw that Major Payne was on, and had to watch. I totally remembered almost every line. That's pretty embarrassing...but secretly I love that movie.
So, now I'm just sitting around thinking about my first day of work, watching the Birdcage (another one of my favorites) and freaking out a little. I hope everything goes well, I'm so nervous. Ack! anyway, wish me luck!

4 comments:

J said...

good luck at the job tomorrow - the first day is always easy

Princess Pointful said...

Major Payne? You've seen it more than once? Wowza... someone loves the Wayans....

Anonymous said...

I love the Birdcage! :) Robin Williams is classic! Good luck!

Maki said...

Good luck with your new job!!!

Hey, I know it was your normal weekend, but Vegas is one of my favorite cities, so I'm jealous!!!

I'm coming there in coming Feburary for fun :D