Thursday, October 9, 2008

RUnning Troubles

I have been having some issues lately with my running. It seems that every time I get close to 40 miles a week, my body starts to sputter out on me.


I have been training for a 10k that I want to run in November. Its a pretty cool run. Its called the left overs race and they use all t-shirts, medals, and goodies that are left over from previous races. I thought that was kind of a cute idea.


Anyway, I go through this issue all the time...I start hitting 40 miles a week and my legs get really sore, like right now I can barely walk up stairs without wanting to stop and rest. Its pretty embarrassing too since I have been a runner all my life and I can barely walk up stairs.


I was told I need to eat more and take more vitamins, but nothing seems to really be working. Does this happen to anyone else out there, or have you ever heard of this happening? I just don't know what I need to do, and I don't want to cut back and then have to build back up again. Its really frustrating. So, if anyone has any advise, please let me know...

I also just remembered today that I HAVE BETTE MIDLER TICKETS FOR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!! I'm really excited, my husband got me the tix for my birthday (even though I know he doesn't really want to go). It should be fun though, he did have a blast when we went to Kathy Griffin.
Being able to go to shows, no matter how cheesy and "Las Vegas" they are, is still the great thing about living here in Vegas. I complain about living here a lot, but I do really enjoy it. Where esle can I gorge myself on a different buffet every weekend, and gamble while Im grocery shopping. Its pretty awesome. Well, time to go watch The Office, YEA!

No comments: