Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall Blues

I'm sorry, but I am getting a little sick (well, actually jealous) of all you out there that are talking about how great fall is and how you love to see the leaves turn beautiful colors, blah, blah, blah!!!!


For all of you out there (Southern California, Nevada, and my birthplace Arizona) you understand what I'm saying when I say, it's not fair that we don't get to partake in the wonders of seasons....I mean, trust me, I fake it as much as I can...I bake pies, drink apple cider, and adorn as many scarves as I can (paired with t-shirts and tank tops, but I still wear them), but we go from Hot ass weather to (in my opinion) freezing weather without any preparation.

Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not jealous of those who live in the East or Midwest. If I had to live there I would not be able to handle the snow. I lived in Colorado for 6 months and almost lost my mind because of the snow. My dogs wouldn't go to the bathroom cause they were freezing so there were a lot of accidents in the house, Denver didn't think it was necessary to plow the streets (thanks to them I almost died 5 times), and I am a desert rat, so I just didn't have the tolerance for the freezing cold.

Growing up in Arizona, this was our fall...




This is what it looks like all year round, beautiful, but can get a bit boring...
I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm getting sick of summer fashion and all the stores are out with fall, but I sadly can't wear any of it yet. Ho hum!


3 comments:

Chic Runner said...

I know the feelings of being seasonless. We have rainy or warm. No snow, no fall, no spring. Nothing out here in Southern California. Though I do like going to the beach in November every now and then. :)

Maki said...

Girl, I know exactly what you're talking about. Okay, I've lived in Hawaii for 12 years. No four seasons there. Now I live in Florida, so it's hot! (actually we do get chilly at times) I was fortunate enough to spend 9 months in NJ last year, so we got to enjoy beautiful fall which was just awesome. It was great for my girls, too. But forget winter there! LOL

Vegas gets cold though, don't you guys? I've been there many times, but always in winter.

Anyway, I'm literary getting sick as I type this:(

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. My parents came to visit me here in Southern California, and they asked me why people were wearing jeans when it was ninety degrees. I said, because it's fall! You have to start faking it eventually.