Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Leaving Arizona

Just to clarify, all pictures that I took of the Arizona Scenery were taken while I was driving to and from Las Vegas, so don't judge my photo taking ability...and yes, in taking pictures while I was driving, I'm sure I not only put my life and the life of my dog in danger, but I probably put those around me in danger...my apologies...

So, anyway, i was in Arizona for Thanksgiving visiting my family. I had a pretty good time and was able to see my nieces and nephews and Perry was able to see all of his cousins as well.






I got to drive through Hoover Dam which I always really enjoy (If there is no traffic). On the way to AZ I was able to see some beautiful sites, but on my way home it was pitch black and took an hour and a half to drive through. Kind of wanted to kill myself. Not moving for 3o minutes at a time is the most horrible driving experience, especially if you also have just had a 40 oz. Diet Root Beer and you are about to pee out of your ears. (I hope you enjoyed that description.)

I really enjoy my visits to Arizona. Scottsdale is such a beautiful town and if you have never been, you should visit. the grass and the trees are still the brightest green. The sun shines all day, and the weather is so nice. Jeans, t-shirt and the occasional sweater are all you need.




I really do miss living in Arizona. I usually don't realize it until I go visit and then I feel a bit homesick for a few weeks after when I am back in Vegas.


Besides soaking up the lovely scenery, I was able to hang out with my mom and sisters when we went and saw Twilight. Yes, the book was 150 times better, but to my surprise, the movie was also pretty awesome. And as much as I was opposed to Robert Patterson being Edward, he was pretty great in that role, so I take back all the mean things I have ever said about him (although Im still freaked out that he doesn't watch his hair in real life and its always super greasy).

I of course made pies for Thanksgiving...because I left my husband on Thanksgiving, I made two pies and let him keep one. I also bought him a Capriotti's sandwich (just the best sandwich shop in Vegas) that was 20 inches long. It is called The Bobby and is turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, so that was his Thanksgiving feast.


These pies are Pumpkin Cream Cheese pies topped with a Chocolate Toffee/Brown Sugar mix. Its my favorite.


So, now that the Thanksgiving Holiday is over, I have to go back to the real world....work, work, work, and lots of running (although I still ran while I was on vacation). I'm also now going to freak out about getting all the Christmas shopping done ASAP cause I have to send everything... that's going to freak me out. Hopefully I can get my act together in order to do everything done, its time to go make some lists...have a good night!

2 comments:

Anairam said...

I enjoyed browsing through your posts (via Lenorevermore). Know nothing about Vegas except what I've seen in the movies. Your yummy goodies, especially the baklava, look great! But jeez, I can never get over the US of A and its culinary discoveries - pumpkin spiced coffee??! (okay, I trust you that it's great, but ... pumpkin?? coffee??? ... eeek!!)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Wowee, taking pictures while driving... as long as you didn't polish nails (French manicure!) or something... ;)

Have a wonderful Christmas dear, to you & family. I can't belive it's count-down now...time does fly!

~Blessings* & Peace*