Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Randomness

Thank you again for all of you who sent your good wishes to me over the past days.

In order to keep myself busy I did some baking over the weekend. I also did something I don't thing I have ever done. I rode my bike 4.3 miles to the gym on Saturday, ran 4 miles and then rode my bike back home. Im not much of a bike rider, but for my birthday last year my hubby got me a bike, so I guess I should start using it. My butt hurt really badly when I was done, but it was a nice day and it helped me get my mind off of things.

I took Perry to the dog park. I have never done this before, Walter had some bad habits having to do with other dogs messes, so I avoided going. Perry seemed to not care about the other dogs and instead decided to be the official dog park greater. He went up to every human that walked in the gate and got himself some love. Im sure they thought he was a poor little neglected boy. Little do they know that he gets more love (especially now) than most children by their parents.

So, I mentioned that I baked this weekend. one of the kinds I made weren't that great. The second set were pretty good. They were like a double Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Craisens in them. I am not one to put anything other than candies in my cookies, but I thought these might be a good Thanksgiving cookie. I got the recipe from the Cookie Bible.




Double Chocolate Cranberry Chunkies
1 3/4 cups flour

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip chunks

3/4 dried cranberries (I just used craisens)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and cranberries.

Drop dough on cookie sheets. Sprinkle some extra sugar on top of the dough. Bake 11 to 12 min or until cookies are set.

These are really good, and seem to be keeping really moist. So, happy baking!

2 comments:

Maki said...

Brooke: It's nice to see you back - I know it's been really tough for you..

The cookies look so good - I think I will try baking these for Thanksgiving:)

Chic Runner said...

Those do sound like a great thanksgiving cookie! thanks for sharing and like you, I'm not one to put anything but candy in a cookie!