Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Not so Puppy Love

It's official, my pug has a girlfriend!!!! Her name is Gabby and she is a short, fat, fawn colored pug. She is old, so I think now a days that puts Gabby in the category of a Cougar.





Walter looooooves Gabby and in the mornings Gabby and her mom sit on their porch and read. Walter always knows when we are close and runs as fast as he can (while snorting loudly) and meets her at her porch gate. My dog does a lot of face punching and licking so I know he is really in to her.





In the meantime Perry of course wants nothing to do with this situation, he meanders around, sniffing pushes and eating cat poop. His allegiances are with his mom (me) and he loves me too much to care about another woman.




Sad, isn't it...

I do feel bad though. I am a bit cranky and gross looking in the mornings. Lately, I have been waking up really sore (from my runs) in the mornings and have been feeling extra hatred for all who roam the earth...soooooo, I've kind of been avoiding Gabby and her mom. Walter pulls me towards her apartment in the mornings and I pull him the other way. I feel really bad, but the thought of idle chatter with this (perfectly lovely) woman in the mornings makes me cringe.

Does this make me a bad dog owner. Am I being selfish? I have to confess, this is not the first time I have ruined my dogs love life. In Colorado Walter was in love with a pug name Grace. I of course have no tolerance for other dog owners (They all seem a bit off to me) so I again would begin avoiding all areas where I might run into Grace and her mom. I know, I know, I sound horrible, but I just feel so awkward trying to find something in common with these people. I don't want to become friends just cause our dogs are in love.

I also have this problem with the gym, which is a whole other issue. I don't like making friends at the gym. I'm there to run, do weights and go home, I don't feel the need to chit chat with the other regulars. (wow, I'm beginning to sound like a Seinfeld episode.)

I'm actually beginning to scare myself. After reading through this, I am realizing that I'm an old cranky woman. Kind of like the character Shirley Maclaine (one of my favorite actresses) played in Steel Magnolias, the cranky Ouiser Bourdeaux. If you haven't seen this movie, I suggest you do, its really funny (and sad). Shirley Maclaines charter says a lot of things like "You are a pig from hell," "Eat shit and die," and "take your Bible and shove it where the sun doesn't shine." I enjoy old ladies like this. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I became one. People would certainly leave me alone then.

Well, I am actually feeling a little guilty now, so maybe tomorrow morning I will take Walter to see his Lady. I would hate to be the one who always ruins his relationships.

3 comments:

J said...

Don't worry, you don't have to be best friends with the other dog owner. Maybe just be friendly once in a while. I'm grouchy in the mornings a lot too.

Jamie Lovely said...

I'm totally grouchy in the mornings. That's why my puppy goes out in the yard in the morning and a long walk in the evening!

Maki said...

Awww cute puppy!!! I don't befriend with other gym members either. I'm there to workout!