Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Crazy Saturday

This morning I ran the Four Seasons Halloween Run for Cancer Research 5k at the Nevada Cancer Research Institute. My Grandfather with whom I was really close died last year of lung cancer and my husband's sister in law is in remission. So this was a fundraiser that I did not want to miss.

I haven't run a 5k race in about 6 months. The last one I ran was a disaster and ever since I had been a little wary about running another one. Today my time (unofficial) was 27:28. Not the greatest, but it was about 75% uphill. I really need to work on my speed work. I have been a bit lazy in that area.

After the Four Seasons had a buffet spread for us. Of course it was all pastries and food a running should not be stuffing their face with at the end of a race. Well, thinking of my husband always, I grabbed a few fruit kabobs for myself and loaded up on all the pastries I could for him. You should have seen the crazy looks I was getting...


So that was my early morning. My mid morning was spent taking my little baby pug Walter for tummy surgery. He has been throwing up for about a week and not eating or going to the bathroom. At first the doc just gave him a shot to stop his throwing up but that didn't work. After more x-rays they determined that there was a blockage in his stomach so they did surgery. Let me tell you, I am either crazy or love my pup A LOT cause that surgery set us waaaaay back!


Now, I am really trying not to gross anyone out, but they kept what was taken from his stomach for us to see...IT WAS CRAZY!!!!!!! totally gross! Like a huge, huge, huge hair ball from a cat. (sorry, i will stop with the gross details)


Well, he is now sleeping and I feel so bad for him. My puggle Perry is cute and is being really gentle with him and trying to give Walter space. Its pretty precious.


Anyway, have a good rest of the weekend I will be taking care of my pup and hopefully will find time to bake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really good cause to run for! And I can understand why you would support it! I'm also sending good vibes for your pup! :)

Marinka said...

Good for you for doing the race! And to me, your time is really impressive.

Maki said...

Great going girlfriend!! That's great that you ran 5k!!!!!! Awesome!

Poor pups - I hope he feels better soon. Take good care of him Mommy! Big hugs*

Anonymous said...

Wishing Walter the best.

Chic Runner said...

Good for you and nice time considering the course was uphill! I hate that! :) I hope little walter does better after his surgery!