Monday, September 22, 2008

Ok, so I might punch my boss in the mouth today! Im totally annoyed and need to vent!


So, I am a runner and I am in training right now. My goal in life is to run a marathon. Granted that means that Yes, I eat pretty healthy and I have a weird eating schedule (like every two hours). This however, does not mean that I'm anorexic, or have some sort of eating disorder because I choose to bring my lunch to work instead of stuffing my face everyday at lunch with chips and salsa at the local Mexican Joint. (I have IBS as well, so if I did do this it would rip through me like the scene from Dumb and Dumber...and you know what scene I'm talking about).


So, my boss this morning thinks its a good idea to bring in fatty pastries from Starbucks. i already have made myself my protein drink and am about to enjoy my fruit, protein, oatmeal concoction (which I happen to actually find yummy). So my slightly dumb boss says to me this morning, "I know you don't eat, but on the off chance that you feel like it today, I have brought scones." I then politely said (with my smoothie in hand), "I eat." This woman then had the audacity to bluntly say, "No, YOU DON'T!" Wow, I don't know about anyone else, but if I were overweight, there is no way in gods name she would ever comment on my eating. This woman has made me so uncomfortable to eat around that I stopped going to Friday lunches with everyone cause she makes comments to me like this on a weekly basis.

I hate to say this, and I know anyone who reads this might hate me, but skinny people have eating issues as well and are offended when others make comments, or point out constantly what they are and are not eating! And, P.S., Yeah, I might be skinny, but who wants the body of a boy. Seriously, I have no boobs, I have none of that voluminous va-voom that is so desire able to others.

I happen to actually go home every night and eat pretzels and chocolate till my face falls off. I am a runner, I have a fast metabolism! I apologize to my boss who can barely have a conversation with me without pointing out the fact that since I don't go to Chili's or Applebees with everyone every day then I must have an eating disorder.


UGH! its actually so frustrating to me...Seriously, are you that ridiculous that you can't stand to see others have control on their lives, is that it? I can say no to Mexican food cause I know I will regret it later. She crabs about her weight (and she is not overweight in the slightest) and can't say no to Mexican Food Mondays, and some how that becomes my fault?!?!?!


I'd better stop before I get myself all worked up....just remember the next time you are about to tell someone that you hate them because they are thin...Remember, skinny girls are self conscious too!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Brooke, I completely understand how you feel! People at work used to same similar things to me (I don't work there anymore, fortunately), and it really upset me. I am a runner, too, and before that I was a ballet dancer. People who are active have higher metabolisms! I love that you point out that just because you eat healthy, people assume you have a problem. I'm sorry that you have to hear it from your boss, though. That adds another level of inappropriateness. Good luck!!