Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Obsessions for this Week

Yes, I tend to have a new obsession for something about every week. Its pretty sad, but at the same time it keeps me busy...which is more than I can say for my job.

So this week I have been reading Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal , by Christopher Moore...Wickedly funny book. If you haven't heard of or read any of Christopher Moore's books, they are great...He has a dark sense of humor, and a knack for making zombies, vampires, and death seem quite funny.


I'm still obsessed with running, like I have been for about 2 years now, so sadly that has not changed in any way. I did however hurt myself about 5 months ago, and was barely able to walk up stairs...I now am excited to say, I am up to 36 miles a week...not bad, huh? I would also like to add that if it weren't for those treadmill machines with the little t.v.'s on them, i don't know how long I would have lasted. There is nothing like watching Ina Gartner and Paula Dean for an hour on Food Network to motivate more miles out of me so I can go home and eat my face off after seeing the ridiculous food they make.

I have been obsessing all week about pie season...I feel I can only make pies in the fall and winter and I have been saving up yummy recipes in order to dive right in...this week I have been scouring the Taste of Home website and have about 20 recipes right now...MOVE OVER PAULA!

A new crush has emerged onto my celeb crush list this week and that would be Dita Von Teese...She is so great...Her hair, her makeup, her costumes...all if it is so awesome...I love it... I swear, if I had any boobs at all, I would wear a corset everyday. (sadly, I am not able to actually fill one out) I've heard she has a new book coming out, that's exciting for me.

The Biggest Loser is on again. This time it's couples with family. So Bob's team consists of married couples and Jillian has the parent/kids couples. Of course, like every season, my favorite couple is voted out first...This week it was a married couple, Adam and Stacey...Boooo! I will get over it...I can't wait for the drama to unfold...Side note: two seasons ago, a sorority sister of mine was on the show. She hated me cause I dated the boy she liked...my bad...

So, I have been able to distract myself from my awful job with these fun hobbies of the week. Tomorrow night the Husband and I have the Greek Food Festival to go to (Sweeeet!) and we also might hit up the hot air balloon festival. So, all in all, good week.

Oh, good week except for my ridiculous pug waking me up 35 min before my alarm went off because he was throwing up on my bed. Seriously, you couldn't wait 35 more min to ruin my morning...awesome!

Hopefully this week will continue to be a good one and I'm sure by next week I will have some more obsessions to keep me preoccupied.

No comments: